Saturday, December 13, 2008

Time to Party

Tomorrow is Sophia Mahree's birthday party. I'm not ready for this! Not just that I am simply not prepared - I still need to make cupcakes and most importantly pick out an outfit for her to wear but I am not emotionally ready! I was talking to my friend today and I said what makes it hard for me this time is that she is my last baby. During each of her milestones there have been tears of joy followed by tears of sadness. So this whole turning 1 year old seems to be too big of a milestone for me to handle!

The most depressing book ever is by Karen Kingsbury and it's called Let Me Hold You Longer. Here is the first page "Long ago you came to me, a miracle of first; First smiles and teeth and baby steps, a sunbeam on the burst. But one day you will move away and leave to me your past, And I will be left thinking of a lifetime of your lasts..."

The book goes onto talk about how we never know that last time we will rock our child to sleep or even cut up there food! Since reading this very depressing book (I truly do love it and the author - it just makes me cry) I've tried to enjoy each precious moment with both of my children. They grow up so quickly and I don't want to look back and say "why didn't I just take more time?"

So it all leaves me with this - I don't want my sweet baby to grow up but I'm so excited to see what she does next! I will rejoice in her growth and will probably always shed a tear.

Ahh - I feel a little better. But I think I may go and read that book - better get some tissues!

Oh - Heather C. if you read this - I know you told me not to buy the book! :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey! I did read this :-) Just remembered to look up your blog - and cute background by the way! Let me know if you want a fancy header or anything (after all having a friend who's a graphic designer has to have some benefits!) lol!

And yes, I did tell you not to buy that book, but I'm glad it helps you remember to enjoy the little things!

CulyQFun said...

Wow, what a book. I might need to buy it too. Where did you get it.
Sweet post - I too need to enjoy every moment better than I do now.

Great reminder!

Sorry we missed the party!