Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Sophia Mahree

One year ago today Sophia Mahree was born! Today we celebrated by going to MOPS and having a lazy afternoon. Papa K came over for dinner and Sophia got a couple more gifts. It was a very nice day - even if Sophia won't remember it!

A year ago right now I was in a hospital room holding a newborn. She was tiny and had that amazing baby smell! Now she is sleeping in her crib and will wake up if I even take a peek in her room! So much has happened over this last year. We've had some trials and we've had some great joys! I've already written about how hard it has been for me to accept that my baby is 1 year old. But with it all being said and done I'm just thankful. I had a difficult pregnancy with Sophia and I am just THANKFUL that I have her and I can't wait to see what her future holds. She is so different from Noah and it is an adventure every day with her.

So, Happy Birthday Princess Sophia! You are simply a precious gift from God. I am beyond blessed to be your mama. I'm looking forward to the many more birthdays we have to share!

2 comments:

CulyQFun said...

Are Sophia and Ally's birthdays 1 day apart? I didn't realize that.

LeAnne said...

Yup - Sophia is the 16th and Ally is the 17th