Friday, December 19, 2008

Earrings

So I was just thinking about this little story so I thought I would blog it!

Sophia got her ears pierced when she was 4 months old. It went really well and I am so glad we did it. The lady who pierced them told us it would be best to keep the earrings in until she turned one year old and then not to switch them to often. When I got home that day I told David - "hey, wouldn't it be cool to get Sophia some simple diamond earrings for her 1st birthday?" David (of course!) said "NO WAY!"

Fast forward to three weeks ago. We are sitting on the floor in our hallway playing with the kids. (See I remember it so cleary!) I start telling David about some new earrings I got for Sophia. I explained to him that I didn't really want to take Sophia's studs out because they have a very secure back on them and the new earrings are just the normal backs. David then tells me "well, don't diamond earrings have screw backs?" I tell him YES! He says "We should have gotten Sophia diamond earrings for her 1st Birthday."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!!!!! I was so mad but all I could do was laugh! This is why men can drive you crazy! I then reminded him of our conversation 8 months prior and he told me I should have explained it better back then!

Well - 8 months ago we decided that Sophia would get diamond earrings on her 16th birthday since it will be her "Golden Birthday" - so that is still the plan. I did tell David I better get some before her! :)

2 comments:

CulyQFun said...

Oh my that is funny. Why do men do that?
Ellia just lost one of her backs and I have a regular one on. But we will be getting Addies pierced soon before my parents go home. So my plan is to get Ellia a new back.....or hmmmm some new ones....Yeah right..no diamonds yet for her either.

I agree - you need them first. I got mine for my 30th birthday last year.

Katie said...

Okay first of all, thanks for your comment on my pcos post. I'm actally kind of hoping my doc will put me on metformin because I want help losing the weight!

Secondly- I SO wish we would have gotten Ellie's ears pierced when she was a baby. Now she's too old and would mess with them too much.

Third- I absolutely HATE that men always forget things like that! My husband is the worst!