Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I have a blog

So I'm sitting here thinking - why do I have a blog? Well, one reason is because I LOVE to read other people's blogs. I am a stalker that way :)

I've only written a few times on here - mainly about my kiddos.

I figured tonight I would write something down. It won't be much but at least there will be an entry today. Then maybe it will start to snowball and there will be others to come.

Life is good right now. David is working full-time. He was on the work/share program for just over 2 years. It is so great to have him working full time. We miss having him around home but we of course appreciate the income.

Noah started Kindergarten a few weeks ago. I didn't think it would faze me. We know the school and staff so it didn't seem like a big deal. But as he walked into the building I couldn't hold back my tears. He is so amazing. He loves school so much - learning to him is the greatest thing ever! I'm thankful for that. He is still in speech therapy. Will probably be doing that for another 2 years. He loves to play video games - mainly Mario Kart and Angry Birds. He is learning to read and loves to do math. My favorite thing about Noah right now is his love for Jesus and his knowledge of the Bible. He can tell you pretty much any Bible story and his innocence is precious. I wish he could stay this age forever. But he tells me that he has to keep growing.

Sophia started Pre-School. She only goes 2 days a week. She's enjoying it and loves recess the most. She is taking swim lessons and ballet. Dancing is her passion - well it is if you can really have a passion at 3 years old! She loves to color and drive her brother crazy. She is a DIVA and at times she makes ME crazy! But life would be so boring and incomplete without her.

I'm the healthiest I've been in over 10 years. I've lost 40lbs over the last year and my goal is to lose another 40lbs this year. I just feel like lately I'm getting this whole 'life' thing. I am becoming the person I've wanted to be but never thought possible. I'm by no means perfect and I have a long ways to go in a few areas of life. But I celebrate the little things.

Well - that is a lot of stuff I just typed out. And guess what! I'm not going to go back and read it and edit it! WOW! That sounds crazy! I'm just going to hit publish because I just felt like I should write tonight. I'm sure no one reads this but like so many of my favorite bloggers say - its good to have it written down so I can look back on it.

Maybe I'll learn how to do that picture thing and put real life pictures on here! ha!

No comments: